Rehabilitation therapy plays an important role in helping an individual regain productivity and independence and therapists are often a critical part of the home care team.The therapy department at Blessed Trinity Home Health work closely with patients and their loved ones to promote safety and independence in the home setting. Our highly skilled therapy staff come with many years of experience and are experts at creative ways of modifying and adapting an everyday home situation to optimize functional safety all in an effort to allow patients to remain as independent as possible in the comfort of home. While many times the act of rehabilitation in and of itself can be painful, the therapy staff at Blessed Trinity take every measure possible to minimize pain while compassionately helping patients reach their functional goals and regain independence. Like the nursing team, the therapist at Blessed Trinity Home Health take pride in placing the patient at the center of all they do and work diligently to empower the patient through knowledge.
Physical Therapy Services
Physical therapists improve your mobility and physical strength, as well as alleviate pain. Services may include:
- Gait training to help you stand and walk.
- Transfer training to properly move your body from one surface to another.
- Neuromuscular re-education that trains your muscles and nerves to work together.
- Therapeutic exercise that restores and maintains strength, endurance, flexibility, stability and balance.
- Ultrasound and electrical stimulation of your muscles.
- Vestibular treatment to treat dizziness
- Balance training
- Endurance training
Occupational Therapy Services
Occupational therapists help you perform daily living activities such as bathing, eating or dressing. Individuals with physical, developmental and/or social problems might need the skills of an occupational therapist. Services may include:
- Improving your motor skills in relation to perceptual stimulation.
- Applying splints to support your daily activities.
- Helping you adapt equipment you use on a regular basis.
- Activity training that maximizes your ability to care for yourself.
- Muscle training and energy conservation.
Speech and Language Therapy Services
Speech and language pathologists help you restore speech ability that may have been lost due to some form of trauma, as well as train you to improve breathing and swallowing. Services may include:
- Alternate communication methods.
- Voice and speech retraining.
- Language restoration.
- Esophageal speech training.
- Cognitive retraining.
- Oral/facial exercises.
- Swallowing disorder treatment.
Set up Home Health Services
Experience the Blessed Trinity difference. You can arrange home health services seven days a week. Please call our intake department at 913-721-9856 with your next Home Health or Hospice Referral!